Thursday, February 14, 2008

Week 19-TOG

I was inspired (thanks karenciavo!!) to put together a workbook for our TOG material so we would have everything all together. So, I decided I needed something like that as we ented unit 3. Here are the things I included in our notebook.





  • the TOG reading chart

  • student page copied from the Loom disk

  • I copied the history/bible questions onto another page with room for them to answer the questions.

  • Map from Mapaids

  • Notebooking pages (I put my own together pulling from various sources-I'll post these sometime)

  • Writing assignment using IEW units (I decided to go back and pull a few things from IEW)

  • A blank page to put pictures of projects

  • Quiz from the Evaluations CD
After tomorrow, we'll be done with the week and I'll try to scan and show you the pages of the notebook we completed. I like how it came out.

History:
This week our reading focused on King Solomon. We looked at 1 Kings and Proverbs. It was great to see the kids digging into the Proverbs trying to find some good ones that applied to their lives. I was impressed with what they came up with.


Literature:


Annsley read Adara this week, which she has read before, but really enjoys. Seth's literature was chapters from Proverbs.


Writing: The kids are working on IEW-unit 2 (writing from an outline) and they are writing a paragraph about Solomon. They are making sure to add the dress-ups to their work.


Lapbook: The kids are drawing a model of Solomon's temple. They are also adding a vocabulary section and a section on Proverbs that apply to their lives.


Dication: They are doing exerpts from the poem Solomon and the Ants about the visit from the Queen of Sheba.


Project: On Monday we will be working on a model of the temple and putting on a play about the Queen of Sheba.


Don't miss reading about our great unit 2 celebration below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your workbook sounds neat! Hope to see pictures of it sometime? ;)