Friday, February 15, 2008

Pictures of the Notebook

1. Reading chart from TOG. I didn't scan anything that is copyrited so I don't show that page here.
2. Student page printed from The Loom.

3. History/Bible questions from the student pages that I copied onto a word document so that the kids could have room to write their answers. This has been so nice, because I can't tell you how many different notebooks my kids wrote their answers in before and I never could find them to look them over.


4. Notebooking pages. I pulled these together myself from various sources. I am using some of the material from the TOG lapbooks. I am also using the beautiful free notebooking pages that Debra in MO posted on the Yahoo Loose Threads group. I selected dictation selections from Julie's Ancient Copywork book available at Lulu.com and a few other sources. Here are the three pages we did this week. The first two pages have books that can opened. The third is the diagram of the temple.



5. Maps from Mapaids
6. Writing-I included a page for them to do a prewrite for whatever IEW unit we are working on. This week we are reviewing key word outlines and dress-ups.

Next I included blank paper for them to write a rough draft (and a IEW checklist)
I included a blank piece of paper where we will tape the final typed paper.
7. I have another blank page to put pictures of whatever project we do this week.
8. I put the quiz from the Evaluations CD as the final page.
The kids did so great with it this week. It kept me focused, organized and on track!! I know they will love the finished product.


6 comments:

Karen said...

Wow - I love your notebook. Thanks for sharing. Hmmm, now I am thinking .... My kids hate it when I get new ideas.

Ruskin said...

Thank you for showing us this. It is really helpful to see how people put things into practice. Beautiful notebook and work.

Tina in WA said...

Those are wonderful notebook pages! I just LOVE them! :o)

~Tina

my5wolfcubs said...

Awesome job! If I thought I could do this sort of thing over the summer, I'd probably use TOG again next year... You've got me thinking too!
Lee

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy! Thanks for sharing your great TOG notebook ideas! Your ideas are inspiring (can't wait to try some of them!) and will be really helpful to me when we do Y2 of TOG next fall. Having a pre-set framework for the material will certainly help choosing which portions of the plethora of material to use in each week's section. I love how you integrate IEW, as well. :)

I was reading your bio info. and was puzzled to find that you post your astrological "sign", etc. and yet also say you like reading the Bible. If you love the one true God as revealed in the Bible and love his Word and understand it, it would seem astrology would be distasteful to you since it is not honoring to God. Just something to think about.

Again, thanks for sharing your TOG ideas!

ReBecca said...

Thanks for sharing your notebooks, very well done!

ReBecca
(TOG Blogroll)