Monday, December 3, 2007

Week 12- TOG

This week we will be learning about Ancient America. This week we did not have a writing assignment because the kids had quite a bit of work to do in their writing class at our co-op.
History:







Literature:







World View:








I had found this beading loom at a garage sale a few years ago and I remembered how much I had enjoyed making a beaded headband when I was in campfire girls. So, I picked it up, knowing it would come in handy one of these days.
But, I also knew that, while Annsley could handle this detail work, the other kids could not. So, I came up with the genious (if I don't say so myself) of using our cardboard weaving looms and big pony beads to do bead work.



The kids enjoyed the project so much that they decided to do this for their Christmas ornament for the year. Here is a sneak preview of one in progress. It will be a beaded tree.








Here are the projects that Seth finished.










































3 comments:

Alane @RaH said...

Love the idea! I'm going to borrow it for our early american studies in the new year!

Tina in WA said...

Wow! Those are some neat head bands.

And your one creative mom!

~Tina in WA

Kerri said...

What a great idea. I've bookmarked it so that I can come back to it!

Kerri
Way Out in the Desert