Monday, December 17, 2007

Electricity




In the kids' co-op science class they have been learning all about circuits and electricity. They got to do cool things like make a flashlight and wire a box house. We are taking three weeks off from history and science, but we are using the time to catch up on little things we haven't finished. So, I thought I'd post some pictures of the kids' houses that they wired. They can turn on lights in each of the rooms. They had a great time wiring, and then decorating their houses. I'll let you guess which one is the girls' house and which one is the boys'.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi,
I'm on the WTM Forum (guess we can call it that now! lol) and saw your weekly report. I just scrolled down and caught these great "wired houses" you all have made--wanted to say, Fantastic idea!
You sound like you are giving your kiddos a wonderful education. I'm going to add you to my list of blogs to check weekly, because you seem to do such interesting things!
OH,and I was wondering--we did a fresco with watercolor paint, and the thing faded almost all away. Did you have the same trouble? We used liquid watercolor, and I think didn't mix it strong enough. Anyway, nice to see your pics and projects.
If you'd like, you can see our week and our school room at my blog,
www.twilightandsunrise.blogspot.com
I'm sorry, I don't know how to make that a direct link--still new at this!
Blessings,
Chris in VA

my5wolfcubs said...

What an awesome idea! My girls make cardboard box houses for little clay & paper people...I'll bet they'd love to wire them!
Lee (from the WTM board)