Friday, March 21, 2008

Week 24 TOG update

This week we studied about the Persian Wars and reviewed some information about the ancient Greeks.
History:


Literature:
Seth read this book. He read the whole thing this week even though it was supposed to take two weeks.

Annsley is on week 2 of this book and really enjoying it.




Geography: We looked at the map of Greece and the Persian Empire. We labled the places where some of the major battles in the Persian War happened.


Writing: Confession time. This week, due to a variety of reasons, I could not seem to get around to the writing assignment. I needed to teach the how to write the outline for the new unit, and I just never could find the time. I think that tomorrow (working on a Saturday) I will show them how to take notes for the Unit IV (Writing from one source) unit. Then, next week we'll go through the whole process.
Dictation: This week we used a selection from the Athenian oath as our dictation.

Notebooking pages: This week we drew pictures of the Greek ships and weapons. We also made a little booklet about life in Ancient Greece. I can not seem to get my pictures off my camera right now, so I'll have to post pictures later.



This is Seth's ship and weapons.


This is Annsley's ship and weapons.
Fine Arts: This week we began our Greek play on the story of Job that the kids will perform at the unit celebration. Annsley will be playing the role of God and Seth has the distinguished role of the devil! (Hmmmmm, type casting?!?)


(Can you tell it was St Patrick's Day this day? We took our history books to McDonalds and had a Shamrock shake.)






























4 comments:

The Mom said...

Looks like a great week. We will be doing year 1 next year and I can't wait! TOG is so great

Tina in WA said...

What a lot of fun history things you are doing.

A play is a wonderful idea. :o)

Yes, I did notice all the green. LOL Too cute. I guess no one wanted to get pinched. :o)

Can't wait to see those notebooking pages. I just love notebooks.

~Tina

my5wolfcubs said...

We loved Pegasus and Victory on the Walls too! Your co-op looks really good! Hope the play turns out wonderful.
Lee

Ahmed salah said...

hey,,,,im happy for discaffer this blog,,you r is good writer,,my name is ahmed 22 y form Egypt (cairo)im director(film maker) and happy 2 see u,,,,