Saturday, October 29, 2016

What's in the Bible-week 8 (we skipped week 6 & 7)

This week our focus was on Patriarchal history because it tied in with what we were doing in history this week.  We watched Volume 2-episode 1.  This is an interesting lesson because it spends a lot of time discussing how the Bible was put together.  We will focus more on this next week, but we focused on the 2nd part of the lesson.  I made a pop-up family tree.  I just free-handed the tree and folded it in.  I used the cute printables found here.  I printed them 80%.  If you printed them really small you could probably fit all the brothers on as well. I also took a screen shot of the map from the dvd and we traced the route that Abraham went when he left Ur.  This tied in perfectly with our history studies!
I reduce the coloring pages from the 2nd half of Genesis to make a little mini-coloring book that reviews the main stories in this section of the Bible. 
I wanted to highlight the Abrahamic covenant, and this was our copywork for this week.

No comments: