Thursday, April 3, 2008

Week 26-TOG

The theme of this week was to learn about some specifics of the Ancient greeks, including the theater and several well-known Greeks.
History-

Literature-


The kids both read books about famous Greeks and their inventions and contributions.
Dictation-This week in dication, we used some of Socrates sayings.

Writing-Our writing assignment is about Pythagorus this week. I guess it is the math geek in me coming out.

Geography-We are looking at a map of the Italian penninsula this week.

Notebook pages- We made a little book about the Greek alphabet and practiced writing in Greek. We also drew a greek comedy and tragedy mask.

Project-We made Greek masks. Hopefully the will work to wear for the unit celebration when we perform our Greek play.









3 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like fun making those masks.

All you TOGers always make me wonder if the grass is greener. :)

Have a great weekend!

Tonia said...

I bet making the masks was fun! We love messy projects here (or at least my dd does!)

Tina in WA said...

I love what you do with TOG! I think this my down fall with TOG. If I had a family or two to do it with, I think we wouldn't have dropped it. But who knows for sure...

Can't wait to see the masks.

Oh did you make those notebooking pages or are those something TOG now has?

~Tina