Saturday, November 17, 2007

About out Memory CD

I received a few questions about our Memory CD, so I thought I would post my response here.

Most of the things we are working on for memory work are from CDs from other programs. So, I have them all ripped onto my computer and each week or two, I change the playlist and burn it on my re-writable CD.

Once they have mastered a poem (or song) I take it off the CD and put it into our review notebook. Our review notebook is broken down into 31 sections (one for each day) and I divide the learned stuff evenly over the days. Then, after we do our CD we review the 2-3 things that are on that day's review list. (On Friday we do the review for Saturday and Sunday also.) I will also add poems or songs back onto the CD if the kids are forgetting something and need more review.















I put in the CD first thing after Bible time and the kids work on memorizing the things on it. They like it because they can color, jump on the mini-trampoline, or something else while they are doing it as long as I can hear them saying the memory work. They feel like they are "putting off school" so they always want me to add things to their CD. And, they don't know that I am thrilled that we are getting to memory work. It has made all the difference in the world for us actually getting around to it!!


There are some things that are not on CD's (like some of the Bible passages we are learning) and so I plug my mic into my computer and use a basic program to record my voice and save it on the computer. The free program I use is on my computer. It is under "programs" then "accessories" then "entertainment" then "sound recorder." I stumbled on this by accident one time, so check to see if you have this option. It only records for 60 seconds, but it has been fine for me so far.
I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

No comments: